Farm-City Day, co-sponsored by
KNUJ AM 860/SAM 107.3FM/knuj.net
and the Brown County Farm Bureau
Friday, November 9, 6:30am-9:30am
Youth Coliseum, Brown County Fairgrounds
There will be:
- Live Polka Music
- Door Prizes
- Vendor Displays
- Free Breakfast (first 600 people)
- Free Blood Pressure Checks
- Homemade Pie Contest
- KNUJ/SAM Live Broadcast
Homemade Pie Contest Rules
- Pies must be homemade by entrant including crust(s) and filling.
- Pies must be made from scratch by the entrant in a home kitchen. No frozen or packaged pastry and no prepared pie filling.
- Pies must be ready for judging at entry time.
- Pies can be made in 8″, 9″ or 10″ pie plate.
- Disposable containers should be used an no containers will be returned. Pies become property of KNUJ Radio at entry time. Glass pans may be used, but may not be returned.
- Only dessert pies will be accepted. Cream, fresh fruit, cream cheese, etc., pies will be accepted since judging will be done immediately after entry time.
- Recipe without name should be submitted with the pie.
- Entrants will be asked to sign a release form allowing KNUJ to use the entry pies, recipes, photos, etc., of the pie contest for promotional reasons.
- Employees of KNUJ and their immediate family are not eligible to participate.
Pies should be delivered to the Youth Coliseum on the Brown County Fairgrounds on Friday, November 9, during the Farm-City Day Celebration. Pies need to be entered by 8:30am. Results of the pie contest will be available after 9:30am. The pie contest is co-sponsored by KNUJ AM 860/SAM 107.3 FM and HyVee of New Ulm.
Farm-City Day Sponsors
- Chuck Spaeth Ford
- Mankato Implement of New Ulm
- Jenson Motors
- Joe’s Campers
- New Ulm Farm-City Hub Club
- New Ulm Furniture
- Don Sanderson – State Farm Insurance
- New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce
- Minnesota Farmers Union
- Maday Motors
- New Ulm Area Sport Fishermen
- Upper Midwest Management
- First District Association
- Latham Hi-Tech Seeds
- Brown County Free Fair
- River Creek Nursery
- The Legal Professionals
- Nutra Flo-Enter’s Liquid Fertilizer
- New Ulm Medical Center/Heart of New Ulm