Farm-City Day, co-sponsored by
KNUJ AM 860/SAM 107.3FM/knuj.net
and the Farm Bureau
Friday, November 15, 6:30am-9:30am
Youth Coliseum, Brown County Fairgrounds
There will be:
- Live Polka Music
- Door Prizes
- Vendor Displays
- Free Breakfast (first 600 people)
- Free Blood Pressure Checks
- Homemade Pie Contest
- KNUJ/SAM Live Broadcast
Homemade Pie Contest Rules
- Pies must be homemade by entrant including crust(s) and filling.
- Pies must be made from scratch by the entrant in a home kitchen. No frozen or packaged pastry and no prepared pie filling.
- Pies must be ready for judging at entry time.
- Pies can be made in 8″, 9″ or 10″ pie plate.
- Disposable containers should be used an no containers will be returned. Pies become property of KNUJ Radio at entry time. Glass pans may be used, but may not be returned.
- Only dessert pies will be accepted. Cream, fresh fruit, cream cheese, etc., pies will be accepted since judging will be done immediately after entry time.
- Recipe without name should be submitted with the pie.
- Entrants will be asked to sign a release form allowing KNUJ to use the entry pies, recipes, photos, etc., of the pie contest for promotional reasons.
- Employees of KNUJ and their immediate family are not eligible to participate.
Pies should be delivered to the Youth Coliseum on the Brown County Fairgrounds on Friday, November 15, during the Farm-City Day Celebration. Pies need to be entered by 8:30am. Results of the pie contest will be available after 9:30am. The pie contest is co-sponsored by KNUJ AM 860/SAM 107.3 FM and HyVee of New Ulm.
Farm-City Day Sponsors
Ag Star Financial Services, Chris Fitzloff
Brown County Free Fair
Chuck Spaeth Ford, Sleepy Eye & New Ulm
Don Sanderson, State Farm Insurance
Enter’s Liquid Fertilizer/Nutra Flo
Farm-City Hub Club
First District Ass.
Grain Millers, Incorporated, St. Peter
Joe’s Camper Sales
Joni’s Restaurant & Catering
Kibble Equipment, Sleepy Eye & New Ulm
Kohl’s Weelborg Chevrolet
Latham Hi-Tech Seeds, Greg Brandt, New Ulm
Maday Motors, New Ulm
MN Pork Board
New Ulm Area Sport Fishermen
New Ulm Chamber of Commerce
New Ulm FFA
New Ulm Medical Center
New Ulm Tractor and Supply
River Creek Nursery
The Legal Professionals
Upper Midwest Management