New Ulm fire 02 Feb 18

The New Ulm Fire and Police Departments were called out a little after 10 Friday morning to a structure fire at 209 South State Street.  Fire Chief Paul Macho said upon arrival, it was discovered the garage was fully involved and the fire spread to the attached house causing severe damage to the home and garage.  Macho said the cause was a propane heater that ignited some gas fumes in the garage.  Macho estimates damages to be well over $100,000.  Everyone was able to get out and no injuries were reported.  The house is owned by Larry and Shirley Hopp.