A house fire in Gibbon on Monday was most likely caused by a pickup in the garage. Tony Weber and Tom Matray arrived home from work when they noticed smoke coming from a house on West 5th Street in Gibbon. They ran over to see what was going on and found a Dodge Ram pickup on fire in the garage. Weber and Matray then started checking windows of the house to find the home owners and eventually were able to help Otto and Mary Hartmann, the owners of the burning house, exit out a west window. The Gibbon Fire Department and Winthrop Fire Department were called to the scene. No injuries to the Hartmann’s have been reported.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today