A former New Ulm resident was appointed Chief Public Defender in Hennepin County last week. Mary Moriarty, the daughter of Patrick Moriarty, previously worked as a public defender in New Ulm. She did not decide to pursue a law career until after she started college. She graduated from Macalester College with a double major in political science and history, before heading to law school. She is now in charge of 140 public defenders, and also works closely with Gideon’s Promise, a program that seeks to strengthen and train public defenders.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM