Kyle Gibson fired seven scoreless innings to lead the Twins to a 2-1 win over the Royals in the opener of a three-game series at Kauffman Stadium. Gibson struck out seven as he improved to 9-and-8. Glen Perkins gave up a run in the ninth but held on for his 26th save. Josh Willingham and Brian Dozier drove in a run each for Minnesota, which won its second straight after a three-game skid. The Twins continue their three-game series with the Royals tonight in Kansas City. Phil Hughes takes the mound for Minnesota. He is 10-and-7 with a 4.10 ERA in 21 starts. KC will counter with left-hander Danny Duffy, who is 5-and-10 with a 2.47 ERA. Coverage begins at 6:40pm on 860 AM KNUJ and SAM 107.3.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year