A Le Center man is in custody following an armed standoff with police Monday evening. The situation began at around 4pm when the man’s mother came home and found her son with a shotgun contemplating suicide. The mother then called the police, who attempted to get the man to surrender. “Flashbangs” and gas grenades were used in an attempt to distract the suspect, who tried to escape out of a window and shots were fired. The suspect eventually walked out of the house and turned himself in. Charges are pending. The Le Center Police and Fire Departments assisted the River Valley Tactical Force and Le Sueur County Sheriffs Office at the scene.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!