A Balaton man and his brother from Georgia are in custody after a high-speed car chase with police Tuesday afternoon near Lake Benton. The chase went down gravel roads in Lincoln and other counties and lasted around 45 minutes before the suspect crashed his Chevy truck at just after 4pm. The driver was 19-year-old Derek Hexum of Gordon, Georgia. He and his passenger, 21-year-old Devin Hexum of Balaton were taken into custody without incident following the crash. Devin Hexum suffered non life-threatening injuries in the rollover. Both men are suspects in a shooting that took place in Granite Falls late last week. Daniel Scheff was found covered with blood and lying on the side of Highway 23 south of Granite Falls Friday morning and was airlifted to the Hennepin County Medical Center. An investigation is underway.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today