A Waseca man was charged with felony theft in Brown County Court this week for allegedly attempting to steal several fishing poles from the New Ulm Runnings store. 51-year-old Lemoine Busse had been reportedly sitting on a bench in the store with 3 poles valued at over $200 each, and told employees he would pay for them when his ride came. He then walked out of the store with the poles, but returned them after being confronted by an employee. Authorities later learned that Busse had tried to steal power tools from the same store two weeks earlier, and that he had allegedly stolen items from the Springfield and Redwood Falls Runnings also, as well as stores in Winona and Scott Counties. He allegedly admitted to police that he had a problem, and would pawn the stolen items in Minneapolis. He’s currently being held in the Redwood County Jail and is facing charges in several counties.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today