The City of Mankato will soon be home to one of the largest solar power arrays in the state. The Mankato City Council has approved a permit for a solar farm to be constructed by the Sisters of Notre Dame. The sisters are partnering with Best Power International of Hopkins to build the solar farm on about four acres of land near Loyola High School. It will be the fifth largest solar installation in Minnesota, although numerous other solar farms are in the planning stages. State regulators previously approved a $900,000 grant from the Xcel Energy Renewable Development Fund for the $1.8-million project. The solar farm should be constructed by late this year or early next spring, and the sisters will take over ownership of the solar farm in seven years.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM