A Mankato man who was on the run from police for nearly a month earlier this year after allegedly robbing a convenience store and stealing a car was in court on Friday, where he entered an unexpected guilty plea and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. 23-year-old Thomas Kendricks III was also accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl that he was found with when he was arrested in early February in Minnesota Lake. It was later learned that the girl was pregnant and that Hendricks was the father. In court on Friday Hendricks pleaded guilty to statutory rape and 2 counts of robbery. He will serve at least 13 years in prison with good behavior. Prosecutors say they would have sought a longer sentence if the case had gone to trial.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM