The Sleepy Eye Police Department has issued about the possibility of fake $100 bills being passed. Bank Midwest branches in Fairmont and Windom have apparently reported the receipt of counterfeit hundreds. The bills look and feel real, and pass the bill marker test, because they have been printed on one dollar bill paper. The only way to tell if these bills are fake is to check the gold “100″ in the corner of the bill. It should change color slightly when tilted, the fake bills do not. Also the watermark is constantly visible on the fake bills. If you receive any of the bills, or catch someone trying to pass them in your establishment; you are encouraged to call law enforcement.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year