The New Ulm City Council is scheduled to award the contract for nearly $2.7 million worth of Utility, Street and Alley improvements for the city this year during its meeting this (TUE) evening, and will also hold a Public Hearing on the 2014 Surface Reconstruction Project. In other business this evening, the council will consider how to replace paver stones and sidewalk bricks in downtown New Ulm, consider a pay raise for election judges, and hold the first reading of an ordinance dealing with noise standards. The council will also be considering variances allowing New Ulm Steel and Recycling to construct a 12-foot fence around their metal shredder, and a request from the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity to relocate a maintenance building. Today’s New Ulm City Council meeting starts at 5pm at city hall.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!