Chicago’s Brandon Saad [[ Sahd ]] scored twice to lead the Blackhawks past the Minnesota Wild 4-1 in Game Two of their Western Conference semifinal series at the United Center in Chicago yesterday. Bryan Bickell tallied a goal and two assists, while Jonathan Toews [[ TAYVZ ]] also lit the lamp for Chicago, which took a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven set. Corey Crawford made 18 saves in the victory. Cody McCormick scored the lone goal in the third period for Minnesota, which hosts Game Three on Tuesday. Ilya Bryzgalov [[ ILL-yuh breez-GAHL-ahv ]] allowed three goals on 21 shots in defeat. Tomorrow’s game starts at 8 p.m. at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!