An Eagle Lake businessman facing numerous felony charges after authorities raided his home last year has pleaded guilty to several charges. American Barnwood co-owner Scott Michael Schaible had been charged with possession of drugs and child pornography, as well as receiving stolen property, insurance fraud, theft, and falsely reporting a crime. Minnesota River Valley Drug Task Force agents searching his home allegedly found around 5-pounds of marijuana, as well as items that had been reported stolen from around the area, including around $13,000 worth of property that Schaible himself had reported stolen. Officers searching his home computer for evidence in the drug investigation then apparently discovered several child pornography downloads. Schaible has now reportedly pleaded guilty to 5th-degree drug possession and 6 counts of possession of child pornography, and the other charges will be dismissed. His sentencing is scheduled for July 7th.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year