A grand jury convened in Le Sueur County has determined that there is enough evidence to charge a rural Montgomery teen accused of killing his father with first-degree murder. 18-year-old Jonas David Nelson is accused of shooting 47-year-old Richard Nelson in the head in early January while he was sleeping. The two had been living together at a home southeast of Montgomery at the time, and the younger Nelson allegedly told police that he had shot his father because of “the way he was being treated.” Prosecutors will now seek a life sentence without parole for Nelson, who remains in custody.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today