The Springfield Police Department is investigating an incident of a suspicious person talking to a child Sunday afternoon. A report of a suspicious vehicle near County Road 5 and the railroad tracks in Springfield was received at just before 4pm. A resident told police that a late 80′s or early 90′s Black Chevy Tahoe SUV with dark black tinted windows was stopped on the side of the roadway and it appeared the driver was talking or waving at a child in a yard near the roadway. When the parent yelled for the child the vehicle reportedly took off at a fast speed. The parent said that it appeared to be occupied by 2 Hispanics or Caucasians with dark skin. Some parents in Springfield’s Brown’s Park also reported seeing the same vehicle driving through the park at slow speeds. Parents throughout the area are reminded to talk to their children about the dangers of talking to strangers, and what to do if it happens to them, and if you suspect any suspicious behavior around children make sure to contact your local law enforcement agency.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today