Archbishop Neinstedt Deposition 03 Apr 14

The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is defending the statements made by Archbishop John Nienstedt during a four-hour deposition on Wednesday. Attorney Jeff Anderson says the archbishop walked out after being pressed to turn over more files related to accusations against priests to police. The Archdiocese says Nienstedt accepted responsibility for mistakes made since he became archbishop in 2008 and expressed regret for how the sexual abuse allegations were handled in the past. This was the first time Nienstedt had to answer questions under oath regarding the sexual abuse of children by priests since he became archbishop six years ago. He previously served as the head of the Diocese of New Ulm.