A jury has found former pro wrestler Eugene “Rock N Roll” Zumhofe guilty on all 12 counts of Criminal Sexual Conduct. Zumhofe’s trial began last week in Kandiyohi County Court, and the jury returned the verdict Wednesday afternoon after just under 4 hours of deliberation. The 62-year-old Hamburg native had been accused by his now-29-year-old daughter of sexually molesting her over the span of 12 years, beginning in 1999 when she was 15 and living with him in his New London apartment. They later moved to Cyrus when she began college. Zumhofe has two previous sex convictions from the 1980s. On the stand this week, he denied doing anything improper with his daughter. In his closing arguments the prosecutor in the case told the jury it was up to them to decide who was lying. A hearing was being held Thursday to determine if the state can pursue an upward departure from state sentencing guidelines.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants
- Wolves Reach Agreement in Principle with Rick Adelman as Team’s Next Head Coach