The New Ulm District 88 School Board will be considering the sale of the former New Ulm Middle School building this (THU) evening. A group of local business and community leaders is hoping to purchase the North State Street building to utilize the auditorium for community theater performances and convert the remainder of the facility into apartments. In other business this evening, the school board will consider Facilities Task Force recommendations that call for constructing a new high school at an unspecified site and shuffling around the uses of the district’s other buildings. The board is also expected to approve contracts for new administrators, including a new principal for Washington Elementary School and a new district facilities director. The District 88 School Board meeting this evening begins at 7pm at the District Administrative Center in New Ulm. We’ll hear more on the happenings at District 88 when Superintendent Jeff Bertrang joins Todd Olson on the air at 3:15 this afternoon on 860AM-KNUJ.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!