Four juveniles crashed a stolen car in Renville County Tuesday morning. It happened at just before 8am at the intersection of County Road 11 and 340th Street about four miles north of Olivia. When authorities arrived on the scene, they discovered that a 1995 Buick LeSabre had been traveling northbound on 340th Street when it left the road, entered the ditch and struck a utility pole. The pole was sheared off at its base and was only being held upright by its wires. The vehicle was totaled, but the 4 juveniles inside it were unijured. Further investigation revealed that the vehicle had been reported stolen from a residence in Willmar Monday night, and 3 of the juveniles, ages 15-16, were arrested at the scene. The fourth juvenile was interviewed and released. Crews replaced the utility pole and restored power to affected homes as well. The case remains under investigation.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM