A FedEx truck was hit by a train south of Granite Falls Friday afternoon. It happened at around 2pm at the rail crossing with Yellow Medicine County Road 39. The conductor and the engineer were the only people on the Burlington Northern Santa Fe freight train, and they were both uninjured. The driver of the FedEx truck was a 46-year-old man who was taken to the Granite Falls Hospital before being airlifted to the Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. His current condition is unknown, and his name is being withheld pending family notification. The Granite Falls Police and Fire Departments were assisted at the scene by the Minnesota State Patrol and the DNR.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- More Soldiers Coming Home
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants