Church Carbon Monoxide Scare 14 Mar 14

A church in St. James needed to be cleared out earlier this week after extremely high carbon monoxide levels were detected. An employee at the United Methodist Church had purchased a carbon monoxide detector for the building after she started feeling ill, and the detector started going off immediately. Everyone was cleared out of the church and the fire department was called to help vent the building. It was discovered that the deadly gas was coming from a boiler, and repairs were made. The church now has two carbon monoxide detectors.