The New Ulm City Council will be re-visiting the issue of noise complaints concerning New Ulm Steel and Recycling during its meeting this (TUE) evening. At least four explosions have occurred at the facility since a metal shredder was installed there last year due to fuel tanks being left in vehicles, and the company was installing a barrier to cut down on noise and prevent debris from going airborne. The Council will be discussing whether further noise abatement requirements are needed. In other business, the council will set a date for a Public Hearing on 2014 Utility Street and Alley Improvements to address the numerous reconstructions of existing water main, sanitary sewer and road repairs scheduled to take place this year. Today’s New Ulm City Council meeting starts at 5pm at New Ulm City Hall.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today