A Minnesota native has taken command of the submarine named for his home state. Navy Commander Brian Tanaka, who grew up in Rochester, accepted command of the USS Minnesota at a ceremony Friday at Naval Submarine Base New London in Connecticut. Tanaka served as a Navy liaison to the US House of Representatives before taking the assignment he called “an opportunity of a lifetime.” The submarine was commissioned last September.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM