Multiple felony charges are pending against a New Ulm man who was tasered by police at the New Ulm Wal-Mart over the weekend. Officers had been investigating a theft at the store at around 8pm Saturday when they observed a man and a woman attempting to avoid them. The officers recognized them as New Ulm residents 23-year-old Xavier Lee Heeder and 21-year-old Megan Sue Hoffmann, and knew that they both had active warrants for their arrests. Hoffmann was being arrested when she reportedly yelled for Heeder’s help and he ran at the officers and was tased. Hoffmann escaped, although she turned herself in Sunday night. She’s facing a violation of probation charge, while Heeder will likely be charged with obstruction of the legal process, disorderly conduct, violation of probation, and failure to appear. Both of them were still in the Brown County Jail as of this (THU) morning.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today