Archdiocese Releases More Names 18 Feb 14

The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis has released the names of nine more priests it says were “credibly accused” of sexual abuse of a minor. Monday’s announcement follows its earlier disclosure of 30 such priests. The archdiocese says it became aware of two of the nine additional priests after 2004, when it previously released a list of accused priests. A Ramsey County judge on Sunday had rejected the archdiocese’s request that it not have to release the names of all local priests accused of sexually abusing children since 2004. The judge also upheld the ruling that Archbishop John Nienstedt and former Vicar General Kevin McDonough will have to give sworn depositions in the civil lawsuit filed on behalf of a sexual abuse survivor.