A 55-year-old Stewart man was found dead Monday morning after getting his vehicle stuck south of Stewart Sunday night. The man’s name has not been released at this time, but authorities say he hadn’t been heard from since 11pm Sunday. His vehicle was found near the intersection of McLeod County Road 7 and 70th Street. His body was found about 2 miles from the vehicle at just before 11am Monday after around 20 sheriff’s deputies and Stewart firefighters searched the area. Temperatures were in the double-digits below zero at the time. The Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office is assisting in the investigation, and more details will be released after the victim’s family has been notified.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today