Minnesota employers added 9,500 jobs last month, holding the unemployment rate steady at 4.6%. State Job Analyst Steve Hine says trade, transportation and utilities led all sectors with 4,600 new jobs. Government added 2,600 new jobs, manufacturing was up 1,700 jobs, education & health care added 1,200 positions, and professional & business serves were up 1,000. Hine says over the past year the state has added nearly 46,000 jobs. He says that equals a growth rate of 1.7% — compared to the national rate of 1.6% during that period.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- New Miss New Ulm
- Veterans Eligible for Tax Credits
- St. James couple facing drug charges
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- More Soldiers Coming Home