A barn belonging to the fire chief of the town of Ormsby was destroyed by a fire Wednesday afternoon. The rural Watonwan County fire was initially reported at around 1:30pm, and the barn owned by Andy Swanson was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The Odin Fire Department was the first to respond to the scene, with other departments following later. The barn reportedly housed chickens and goats, all of which were lost in the fire. The official cause of the fire has not been determined at this time, but it is believed to have been started by a piece of machinery that overheated.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today