An 18-year-old Mankato man accused of sexually assaulting a girl while they were staying at a domestic assault shelter in Mankato made his first appearance in court Thursday. Abel Jonathan Rocha has been charged with 3 counts of 1st-degree Criminal Sexual Conduct, and will be tried as an adult for the crimes. He faces up to 30 years in prison. Rocha and the girl reportedly knew each other while staying at the facility, and he allegedly gave her pills before sexually assaulting her. Rocha was 17 when the alleged rape occurred in early 2012, and the victim was under the age of 13. He remains in custody in the Blue Earth County Jail.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today