The New Ulm City Council on Tuesday approved an ordinance dealing with the penalties for liquor license violations. The city has a 2-tiered penalty system for businesses selling alcohol that do or do not participate in the “Best Practices” program, which involves training on how to spot a fake ID and other issues. It was the penalty grid that was amended Tuesday, with the financial penalty for most of the fines increasing by $250. In other business Tuesday, the New Ulm City Council approved a $26,000 agreement with Bolton and Menk Engineering to design an improved water access site at Minnecon Park. The project will include a paved access road and parking lot, a new boat ramp into deeper water, shore fishing sites, and more. The full design and construction costs will be reimbursed by the DNR. The council also agreed to meet with School District 88 staff in the near future to discuss community support and school program opportunities.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today