The Minnesota Music Hall of Fame held its 25th annual Induction Ceremony and Banquet Friday evening at Turner Hall in New Ulm. The 2013 Inductees included Jazz Musician Dennis Spears, who began by thanking his grandparents. Other Minnesota Music Hall of Fame Inductees included Acoustic Guitarist Leo Kottke, choral group the St. Olaf Choir, and Old-Tyme Musician Leon Olsen. Accordionist Lorren Lindevig was also an Inductee, along with Country and Rock Artist Mary Jane Alm, who thanked her parents and band members, amongst others. The Minnesota Music Hall of Fame 2013 Inductee Showcase is taking place from 10am to 2pm today (SAT) at the museum at 27 North Broadway in New Ulm, next to the New Ulm Library. The free event features entertainment, refreshments, and more.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants
- Wolves Reach Agreement in Principle with Rick Adelman as Team’s Next Head Coach