The Fairmont Fire Department was called out several times Monday night and into Tuesday morning to battle harvest-related fires. The first call for a grain bin fire at Lunz Farms in rural Fairmont was received shortly after 6pm Monday, and several other area fire departments helped battle that blaze until around midnight. The fire reignited later in the night, however, and Fairmont firefighters were called back at around 2am and again at 7:30am Tuesday. The total amount of damage is estimated at around $55,000. Another fire call was then received at around 11am Tuesday for a dryer fire at Dutch Creek Farms in rural Fairmont. Total damages from that fire are being estimated at around $10,000. No injuries were reported from any of the fire calls.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants
- Wolves Reach Agreement in Principle with Rick Adelman as Team’s Next Head Coach