Record New Ulm Lodging Tax 01 Oct 13

The end of the latest fiscal year for the City of New Ulm has shown that a record amount of money in lodging taxes was collected in the community this past year. The New Ulm Convention and Visitors Bureau says that lodging tax receipts set a record income of more-than $110,400 for  the fiscal year of September 1st, 2012 through August 31st of this year. 5% of that money goes directly to the city, while the remaining 95% goes back to the Convention and Visitors Bureau, where the money is used for various purposes, including promoting the community and it’s many festivals across the state.