Information collected by black box “event data recorders” in new cars would remain private unless there’s a court order, a vehicle recall or emergency medical response to a crash — that’s the goal of a new bill introduced by Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar. She says that 96% of new cars have the “black boxes” in them, and by the end of next year they’ll be required in all vehicles. She says that’s why privacy protections should be in place to make clear that the people who own the cars, own the data. Klobuchar rolled out the “Driver Privacy Act” on Tuesday.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today