A Danube man has been sentenced to 5 years of supervised probation and time served in jail for the financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult in Springfield. 65-year-old Terrance John Rickers pleaded guilty to the felony charge in Brown County Court and 5 other charges were dismissed. Rickers had reportedly been in charge of the victim’s finances since 2004, but began using the money without permission to pay his own bills and expenses. He admitted to the crimes, and told investigators that he had been a victim of theft himself, and had incurred additional financial problems due to a DWI conviction. In addition to the 47 days in jail and probation time, he will also be required to pay over $2,700 in restitution and nearly a thousand dollars in fines and fees.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- New Miss New Ulm
- Veterans Eligible for Tax Credits
- St. James couple facing drug charges
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Scott County Fair
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones