A proposal to replace the Crystal Lake Dam near Lake Crystal this fall is moving forward. The Blue Earth County Board had rejected the single bid that was received this spring on the project when it came in way over estimates, but the scope of the project was changed and another call for bids was put out in the hope for lower prices. The bid this spring was $327,000. The latest bid is around $95,000. The new dam will take about four to five weeks to build later this fall. The existing dam will remain in place as well, so lake water levels will not be affected by the project.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today