A truck driver from Le Sueur is dead after a fiery crash in the Minneapolis suburb of Golden Valley Friday morning. Authorities say the side dump truck collided with a minivan at a busy intersection on Highway 55 at around 10:30am. The truck then toppled a stoplight at one of the corners before being engulfed in flames. Police officers and bystanders reportedly tried to rescue the truck driver, 64-year-old Joseph Johnson of Le Sueur, but he was trapped behind a jammed door. Johnson was pronounced dead at the Hennepin County Medical Center. The van was driven by 66-year-old Shirley Knutson of Plymouth, and was apparently turning left against a red arrow when the truck swerved to avoid the van. Knutson was in serious but stable condition as of Friday evening. Authorities say that no one else was hurt in the crash.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year