A tree blew over onto a pickup truck in Hutchinson Thursday morning, trapping the motorist inside the vehicle. The tree was blown over at just after 9:30am as severe thunderstorms hit the area. The Hutchinson tree landed on Larry Labraaten’s pickup as he was driving on Jefferson Street, pinning him in the vehicle. Fire and Street Department crews were called to the scene to remove the tree and extricate the 58-year-old Hutchinson man from the vehicle. He was taken to the Hutchinson Hospital for treatment of unknown injuries, believed to be non-life threatening. Heavy Rains and High winds moved through a large portion of the state Thursday morning, causing street flooding and downing trees in many locations. Winds of up to 70mph were reported in parts of the state.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today