The Sleepy City Council on Tuesday approved a preliminary tax levy for next year that could potentially lower resident’s taxes. The 2014 preliminary Sleepy Eye property tax levy is nearly $40,000 less than this year’s levy of around $1,152,000, a nearly 3.5% decrease. The preliminary budget for Sleepy Eye for 2014 is $3.6-million, an increase of around $141,000 from this year’s budget. Sleepy Eye City Manager Mark Kober calls it “a conservative but doable budget.” The final approval of the budget and levy will come in December.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today