A 4-year-old girl sustained a serious injury Saturday morning after being bitten by a dog in Nicollet County. It happened at around 10:45am at a rural residence east of Courtland. The girl was reportedly bitten in the neck by a 7-year-old German Shepherd-Australian Shepherd mix. Authorities say the child was petting the animal at the time. The child was taken to the New Ulm Medical Center and later airlifted to the Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. A condition report is not available. Nicollet County authorities say that this is the first such incident involving this particular dog, and that no charges are pending.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today