The Highway 14/15 Bridge over the Minnesota River in New Ulm is scheduled to close this coming Monday for approximately two weeks for bridge work. Traffic will be detoured to the Nicollet County Road 37/20th Street Bridge on the south end of New Ulm. Department of Transportation officials say that the closure is necessary to accommodate repair work on the railings of the bridge. Crews will be strengthening the rail by filling in selected gaps with reinforced concrete. Officials say this additional strength will provide an added measure of safety until the bridge is replaced in 2018.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!