The McLeod County Sheriff’s Office is warning area residents of a sweepstakes scam that is making its way through the mail. Officials say residents are getting a letter that says “You are the Lucky winner of a Shopper’s Sweepstake by shopping at one of the following North American Stores: Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sears, Costco, Home Depot, Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, etc.” The letter also says not to disclose the letter to anyone, and that it is not to leave your residence because it holds your claim number on the enclosed check. It says to call your claims consultant to have them remit your winnings to you within three working days. Authorities say that will not happen, it’s a scam, and you should not cash the check or respond to the letter in any way.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants
- Wolves Reach Agreement in Principle with Rick Adelman as Team’s Next Head Coach