New Ulm Royalty was crowned Saturday evening at the annual New Ulm Firefighters Dance. Miss New Ulm 2013 is Britta Palmer, the daughter of Denise and Gary Palmer. Britta was feeling several emotions during the coronation. She says it was “Shocking and Amazing” and that she was “surprised to win with all the great candidates there were, and that she always wanted to be a princess while watching parades as a kid.” Miss New Ulm Britta Palmer is an 18-year-old student at New Ulm High School. There were a total of 20 candidates vying to be New Ulm Royalty. The new First Princess for New Ulm is Allison Bastian, the daughter of Anna and Michael Bastian, and Second Princess is Amber Gutzke, the daughter of Gwynne and Paul Gutzke. As New Ulm royalty, their duties will include representing the community in parades around the region, assisting the New Ulm Fire Department with Fire Prevention Week activities, and leading the dances at New Ulm festivals such as Oktoberfest, Fasching, and Bavarian Blast.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!