Another Republican is seeking the party’s endorsement to run against Democratic Congressman Tim Walz in southern Minnesota’s 1st District. Jim Hagedorn announced his candidacy on Wednesday at a farm near Good Thunder. He is the son of former GOP Congressman Tom Hagedorn, and a former legislative staffer and federal employee. He is calling for the repeal of Obamacare, and is taking aim at Walz’s voting record and his support for Obama’s policies. Hagedorn lives in Blue Earth, and holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Government and Politics from George Mason University. He joins State Representative Mike Benson of Rochester and political newcomer Aaron Miller of Byron in the race to challenge Walz, who was first elected in 2006.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today