Nurses are picketing outside the Mankato Mayo Hospital today (TUE) as a show of solidarity as contract talks continue with hospital management. RN Chad Weiler says they want to advocate for patient safety. Weiler claims that low nurse staffing levels have put patients at risk. He also says management is replacing some registered nurses with technicians who only have 12 weeks of training. More than 470 registered nurses work for Mayo Health System-Mankato.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today