The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating after a crop-dusting helicopter crashed near Arlington Friday morning. The Sibley County Sheriff’s office says that 28-year-old Daniel Lee of Belle Plaine was flying for Scott’s Helicopter Services of Le Sueur when he lost control of the chopper and made an emergency landing in a corn field northwest of Arlington in Dryden Township. The helicopter received moderate damage, but no one was injured. Lee was involved in a similar incident last month as well when his helicopter hit some power lines about 4 miles northeast of Green Isle. He was able to maintain control of the chopper that time, and landed safely in a nearby field. That incident is also being reviewed by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today