A Belle Plaine man has been sentenced to 6 months in jail and 25 years of probation on a criminal sexual conduct plea deal. 61-year-old Daniel Lee Zurn was originally charged with 7 felony counts of criminal sexual conduct and possessing child pornography, but 6 of those were dropped in exchange for a guilty plea. The crimes occurred over a 3-year period starting in 2005, and involved children under the age of 13. In addition to the jail and probation time, Zurn will also spend 90 days on electronic home monitoring, must register as a sex offender, may have no unauthorized contact with underage females, and is prohibited from using social networking sites or consuming alcohol.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year