The indoor pool at the New Ulm Recreation Center is closed until Monday, September 23rd while major renovations are being done. The ceiling above the pool will be sprayed with sealant, the walls will be mortared and re-painted, grout work will be done on the floor tiles, and a new filtration system expected to save the city thousands of dollars a year will be installed. City officials say that the renovation project addresses long-standing problems with the pool area and has come in well under cost estimates. The combined total for the work is expected to be $175,000. The city had budgeted $200,000 for the renovations.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!