A nurse from Madelia pleaded guilty in federal court Wednesday to taking prescription pain pills from patients while apparently working at the Mankato Mayo Hospital. 38-year-old Tess Marie Johnson admitted to taking oxycodone pills from patients for her own use and replacing them with Tylenol tablets last year. Court documents do not say how many patients were affected, or where Johnson was working when the crimes occurred, but she was reportedly employed as a nurse at the Mankato hospital from 2006 to 2012. She is facing a maximum of up to 4 years in prison. A sentencing date has not been set at this time.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!